Wednesday, November 4, 2009
What I hope to do
For my first attempt at using what I have learned in this computer class with my students, I want to start small. The unit we are working on is ecology and biomes. Biomes are geographical areas defined by climate, animals and plants such as grasslands or rainforests. The usual project is to do a poster presentation explaining various aspects of a biome. I want to get a few students that are willing to try something new to do a blog instead of a poster. The students could pretend they are visiting a biome and blog about what they see, where they are, how the weather is and an environmental issue facing the area. I can think of a few studentswho might be willing to try this out. I will be bringing all of my classes to the computer lab for 2 days to research the biomes so the experimental group can sign up for blogger and make their blogs while we are there. Hopefully they will have home computers so they can finish it at home. I'm not sure if I will have them present this to the class or not...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I read Luisa's, Lynn Emrick's and Qi Fan's blogs tonight and commented on them. These ladies have great ideas!
ReplyDelete~Colleen